The NBA League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NBA League

Manage an NBA Team to the Finals

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knicks/Sonics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Knicks get:
PG Delonte West -- 24 -- 1/$2,762,828 -- 78
SF Jeff Green -- 21 -- 4/$3,287,640 -- 76
Sonics 2008 2nd Round Pick

Sonics get:
PG Stephon Marbury -- 31 -- 1/$21,937,500 -- 80
C Eddy Curry -- 25 -- 3/$9,723,983 -- 80

Sonics get "win now" help at two positions, while the Knicks continue to rebuild.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
annexed1125

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:44 pm

Big Snacks wrote:
Knicks get:
PG Delonte West -- 24 -- 1/$2,762,828 -- 78
SF Jeff Green -- 21 -- 4/$3,287,640 -- 76
Sonics 2008 2nd Round Pick

Sonics get:
PG Stephon Marbury -- 31 -- 1/$21,937,500 -- 80
C Eddy Curry -- 25 -- 3/$9,723,983 -- 80

Sonics get "win now" help at two positions, while the Knicks continue to rebuild.

I agree.

I agree.
Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Anyone going to comment on why these trades are being denied or are we supposed to guess?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm

probably because it is a terrible trade
Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Gonzo wrote:
probably because it is a terrible trade

For who?
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Sonics
Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:02 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Sonics

I dump salary, he picks up players to help win now.

Marbury 13.9 PPG 4.7 APG 2.5 RPG
Curry 13.2 PPG 4.7 RPG 0.5 APG

West 8.3 PPG 3.8 APG 3.2 RPG
Green 10.5 PPG 4.7 RPG 1.5 APG
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:23 pm

It doesnt matter what their stats are in real life. West is basically the same player as Marbury but 7 years younger and a contract of 18 million less.

Curry and Green meh. I can see Green going up to a 78 or so. Curry may be a bit better but he has a huge salary and isnt that much better.

Then he throws in a 2nd round pick and a top of it this doesnt help him win now as their ratings are very similar and the Sonics suck anyways.
Back to top Go down
Grunge8594
Admin
Admin

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Sonics aren't getting enough.
Back to top Go down
https://thenbaleague.forummotion.com

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Gonzo wrote:
It doesnt matter what their stats are in real life. West is basically the same player as Marbury but 7 years younger and a contract of 18 million less.

Curry and Green meh. I can see Green going up to a 78 or so. Curry may be a bit better but he has a huge salary and isnt that much better.

Then he throws in a 2nd round pick and a top of it this doesnt help him win now as their ratings are very similar and the Sonics suck anyways.

Stats in real life are what's going to determine their rating in '09, you tool.

West is NOT the same player as Marbury, unless of course you only watched West during the playoffs (which I fully assume is the case).

Curry is a young, talented center (which is VERY hard to come by in this game, check the rosters and you'll know what I'm talking about). Green didn't play very well in his rookie year.

A 2nd round pick will be at best a high 60 - low 70.
Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:10 pm

Grunge8594 wrote:

Is this league going to be ridiculous like this?

How can I make a better trade than this? I give up veteran talent and dump cap for lesser players who are younger and cheaper.

How do I build a team if every trade I make is cockblocked?

Nazi trade councils ruin the fun of sim leagues.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo

Gonzo

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Big Snacks wrote:
Stats in real life are what's going to determine their rating in '09, you tool.

West is NOT the same player as Marbury, unless of course you only watched West during the playoffs (which I fully assume is the case).

Curry is a young, talented center (which is VERY hard to come by in this game, check the rosters and you'll know what I'm talking about). Green didn't play very well in his rookie year.

A 2nd round pick will be at best a high 60 - low 70.

Chill out on the attacks their buddy. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Grunge8594
Admin
Admin

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:57 pm

Big Snacks wrote:
Grunge8594 wrote:

Is this league going to be ridiculous like this?

How can I make a better trade than this? I give up veteran talent and dump cap for lesser players who are younger and cheaper.

How do I build a team if every trade I make is cockblocked?

Nazi trade councils ruin the fun of sim leagues.

We approve only what is fair... Your system for evaluating may be much different than the rest of TC, but we saw a bad trade here.

Marbury's rating is gonna fall, and West and Green's will only go up... Not to mention, the salary the Sonics are getting makes this unfair.
Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:29 am

Gonzo wrote:
Chill out on the attacks their buddy. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.

There*

Opinions are like assholes.
Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:32 am

Grunge8594 wrote:
We approve only what is fair... Your system for evaluating may be much different than the rest of TC, but we saw a bad trade here.

Marbury's rating is gonna fall, and West and Green's will only go up... Not to mention, the salary the Sonics are getting makes this unfair.

What implies that Marbury will fall while West and Green will rise, when Marbury had better numbers than both of them last year?

Don't performance and stats from the previous year influence the ratings for the next year's game?

Again, I ask you, how am I supposed to rebuild and better my team if my trades are consistantly shot down?

I can see denying trades if one side is getting a far better deal which would negatively effect the league, but come on here. You allowed Oden to be traded for two scrubs and a pick.
Back to top Go down
Grunge8594
Admin
Admin

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:07 pm

West isn't even on the Sonics...
Back to top Go down
Big_Z

Big_Z

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Grunge8594 wrote:
West isn't even on the Sonics...

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Knicks/Sonics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knicks/Sonics   Knicks/Sonics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knicks/Sonics
Page 1 of 1